Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Remember...


Psalm 105:5 instructs us to "...Remember His wonders which He has done, His marvels and the judgments uttered by His mouth..."

This is the next verse we are to put to memory - don't give up, gals...keep working on it! Studying Genesis is a great way to remember His wonders and His marvels, as well as look at His judgments. Has He ever uttered a judgment so far that hasn't come true? We know the curses at the fall are true. We know His counsel for depression is true. We know that He destroyed the earth, save Noah and his family - so that judgment was true...God is so NOT like us...He keeps His word and He only speaks truth.

But what of His wonders? Creation, salvation, grace, faith...we can see His wonders and His marvels in the first few verses of Genesis, let alone the first few chapters. I pray that this study is making Him larger in your life - you see His involvement, His heart, His hand throughout history.

But what about the wonders in your own life? We are instructed to "remember His wonders" - can you sit and list out His wonders and His marvels within the context of your own life? I guess a better question might be, will you sit and list them out? And what benefit comes from remembering His wonders? It doesn't take much, gals, just look around you. What do you see? Can you see God in your every day life? In your children? In your home? In your marriage? In your church? What is He doing? We must live with the reality of His involvement, or we will never become more like Him.

I put a picture on this entry that I took last winter from my deck. How can I possibly look at it and not see God? How can this picture not draw my heart closer to Him, knowing that the Creator of the universe has done the most wonderful thing of all - saved a wretched sinner as I?

Noah found favor with this God.

So did I.

How wonderful is that?

Remember His wonders...



1 comment:

  1. Just looking at your picture gives me peace and a feeling of awe! God IS so good! We cannot even begin to imagine his insertion into our daily life. If I truly glorified him for everything, I would surely recognize his wonders continually. Instead I get caught up in my own moments. Do I really understand his sovereignty in my own history? In my own day to day living? I was reading Psalm 121 earlier this week (on a day of self-made overload) and was reminded that He is my help, my keeper, protector...vs. 8 says, "The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore." What else is there, but to give him the praise and the glory, and to trust him completely! Like we learned last weekend, it is not about what I do, it is about who he is, what he already did, and what he is continually doing. May I glorify him today by seeing him throughout the day! He is a wonderFUL God. And he is going to be working here in my home even today! ...Unless the Lord builds the house... I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope...

    ReplyDelete