Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity...

Jig!

We're back! We're alive! Our families are in one piece and our houses are still standing! So, I guess you could say it was a good trip!

I missed getting together with all of you yesterday, but I trust you had a great day off. I am curious...what did you do on your day off? Are you willing to step into the scary world of bloggers and comment on this one? We'll see...

I'm going to make this a short one, but I just wanted to share with you gals that the body of Christ is a remarkable gift from God. Over the past week, I have personally experienced the love and fellowship of complete strangers, whom I now call sisters in Christ, and that ability to hug strangers, look into their eyes and see God's love is something that leaves me speechless. It is truly a common bond - Jesus transcends natural boundaries. I've met complete strangers in Romania with the same response - instant love, familial ties and an underlying understanding of life because of Jesus Christ. It is truly amazing.

Beth is a doll, gals. She travels well, laughs easily, beat me at cards (ugh!) and was even mistaken as my daughter! (Yeah, that was not a really good day...) I know her heart better for spending this past week with her and have been thanking the Lord for raising her up to lead us in prayer, because her life fits her message. She signed a song for me at the end of my devotional at a women's fall gathering on Monday night and you should have seen the faces of the women, singing and completely enthralled with Beth's beautiful, God-honoring hands...

Okay...so much for short...

Let me know - what did you do yesterday morning instead of our normal Bible study?

Kristen

3 comments:

  1. I spent extra time in the Word...then prepping for a Spanish class. It was time well-spent. Can I also share that the next day, Abigail (11) accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior!! It has been a blessed week here in our home! We rejoiced with the angels! (Some strange dancing going on in our kitchen - halleluias and all that, ya know?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising the Lord with you, Laurie! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete