Monday, October 12, 2009

Greetings from the road!

Hello!
My first post here at Groundwork for Grace..how exciting! Our week here in Washington is coming to a close. We have had wonderful weather ( I hear you all...not so much!) and a wonderful time, but I think both Kristen and I are looking forward to being reunited with our families, both at home and at church.
For me, this visit has been a welcomed break from the bustle of every day life and it has allowed me to slow down my physical being while sharpening my spiritual being. I have realized how often the business of life keeps me from that quiet thought- filled time with the Lord. He said himself, in Isaiah 30:15, "In returning (or repentance) and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and trust shall be your strength." ....interesting that the next phrase is..."but you were unwilling."

Aack!! But Lord, I'm not unwilling...just busy taking care of this family and household You have given me!! The hard truth is that I often let the things of this world take up my time with Him.

Hmmm...this week has shown me that it is more than worth it to find time to be quiet and rest with the Lord. My faith has been strengthened, my outlook re-energized, my knowledge increased and my peace magnified.

Other things I've learned this week...
* The bond of Christ runs deep and forms quickly. I was surprised at how fast I could come to care about fellow brothers and sisters in Christ....people I have met over Bible study, afternoon tea and dinner.
* Iron does indeed sharpen iron. Wow..what I have learned from great Biblical discussions around various tables this week!
* There is a difference between interest in the things of God and great passion for the things of God. I want passion!
*Godliness with contentment is great gain.
*Seattle is filled with all manner of strange and hurting people
*His creation...the mountains...beautiful!!!
*Traveling with Kristen is really fun!

Well, friends, lunch is waiting. Keep working on your verses...only 3 so far..and you have an extra week to learn them!

Find some time to rest with Him and be in the Word!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment