- that our sin is destructive, ugly and costly
- that God is holy
- that life is not about us but about Him
- that He is alive within us
- that life lived His way is the best life ever
- that decisions we make in the present affect our eternity
- that the Holy Spirit is so much more powerful than our sin
- that Christ died for the petty disagreements that separate us
- that knowing Him is far better than discovering oil in your backyard
- that the book on our counter is truly a love letter waiting to be read
- that even as believers we will give an account one day
- that God's grace is greater
- that forgiveness is eternal but consequences are unavoidable
- that we don't have to live in sin when Christ is alive within us
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Christ in Me
"I have been crucified with Christ;
and it is no longer I who live,
but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave Himself up for me."
The grave is empty and Jesus is alive. This is the message of Easter, right?
So do you believe Jesus is alive?
Sunday David talked about the eye-witnesses to the resurrection - the women, the disciples who went to their graves proclaiming this truth, the changed lives for two thousand years.
Do you have a testimony to the resurrection?
Galatians 2 tells us that not only is Jesus alive, but He lives in us - we no longer live, but Jesus lives in us.
Do you believe this?
How is it made evident in your life?
Are you truly dead to sin and alive in Christ Jesus?
The resurrection is not just a historical fact, it is a spiritual reality that should affect every breath you take.
But how many of us live in bondage to sin?
How many of us prefer our idols over Jesus?
How many of us can't turn off the computer to spend time in God's Word?
How many of us can't forgive because our hurt has rights?
How many of us choose to feel love rather than choose to act in love?
I think it is a matter of the mind. Yes, I know it's a matter of the heart, but if we could wrap our mind around these simple truths:
...if we could just grasp these truths in our minds, our lives would be so different.
Friends, the resurrection has great meaning in the lives of believers. Examine yourself today and see if it has changed you at all.
If it has, all the praise belongs to Jesus - and the good news is: He's not done yet!
If it hasn't, it's time to bend the knee...