Friday, February 3, 2012

Jesus in My Place

Hi, my name is Kristen:

I am good
I am pure
I am holy
I am righteous
I am beautiful
I am perfect
I am pleasing
I am patient
I am kind
I am tenderhearted
I am compassionate
I am humble
I am sinless

Do you know Jesus?

He is selfish
He is impatient
He is vile
He is angry
He is ugly
He is prideful
He is rebellious
He is a gossip
He is a liar
He is a murderer
He is a thief
He is vicious
He is sinful

This is the gospel.

Jesus in my place.

On the cross, Jesus traded identities with me.
He gave me His righteousness and He took my sin.
He became my sin.
He became that description above.

And then He took the punishment I deserved.
The wrath of God was poured out on Him.
He was separated from His Father.
His purity, His perfection, His sinlessness
was placed on my shoulders,
while my vile way of life
was place on His.
He endured hell for me.
He suffered my guilt and shame.
Then He died.

And then He destroyed death.
His righteousness overcame my eternal sentence
and He rose from the dead.
He defeated death and now sits at the right hand of His Father.

And when His Father looks at me,
He sees His Son's righteousness,
He sees a sealed heir to the kingdom,
He sees one whom He chose before creation to save,
He sees His child.

The gospel.

It truly is good news, isn't it?

"He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold;
I shall not be greatly shaken."
Psalm 62:2


(***Just for clarification, Jesus is not currently a sinner.
He bore our sins on the cross.
This was a one time event.
Just don't want anyone to freak out...)

2 comments:

  1. Just made me think of how sinful I truly am. But~~~~ Jesus is the second chance Savior.. He cured my sin forever!!! So Thankful, with a capital T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this to my mom - very encouraging for her...

    ReplyDelete