Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wait



"How much less when you say you do not behold Him...the case is before Him, and you must wait for Him!"

"Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed..."

"Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation;  For You I wait all the day."

"Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for You."

"Wait for the Lord;  be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord."

"Our souls wait for the Lord; He is our help and our shield."

"Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him..."

"For evildoers will be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord, they will inherit the land."

"And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You."

"My soul waits in silence for God only; from Him is my salvation."

"May those who fear You see me and be glad, because I wait for Your word."

"I rise before dawn and cry for help; I wait for Your word."

"The Lord favors those who fear Him, those who wait for His lovingkindness."

"Do not say, "I will repay evil"; wait for the Lord and He will save you."

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."

Waiting equates to patience.  In our fast paced world, patience is a lost virtue.  We want it fast - our internet has to be fast, our phones have to be fast, our food needs to come fast, our cars are fast, our nails now dry fast, we want our houses built fast, and even our church services should be fast because there's always something else waiting for us to go and do.

Waiting equates to patience.  Boy, there's a hard one.  We want our medical tests to come back fast, our treatments to be fast, our work week to pass by fast, our college classes to go fast, our engagements to be fast and our pregnancies to fly by.

Waiting equates to patience.

God tells us to wait on Him.  That waiting is not because He's busy doing something else and we have to take a number to get His attention.  Look at the above verses and see what is associated with waiting:

  • lack of shame
  • rest
  • strength and courage
  • inheritance
  • hope
  • God's favor
  • God's lovingkindness
  • new strength
And that's just a taste...who wouldn't want those things?  I'm going to change my tag line...

Waiting equates to godliness. 

God is patience personified and when we wait, we are imitating our Savior.  He doesn't keep checking His watch and looking at the exit, He is immensely patient.

So let's patiently wait on the Lord - let's make it a habit.  Quiet ourselves, immerse ourselves in His Word and His love, and wait for His lead.  It will come...

1 comment:

  1. What a great message, so relevant for today and our impatience.

    ReplyDelete