"Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You.
"Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for You."
"O love the Lord, all you His godly ones! The Lord preserves the faithful and fully recompenses the proud doer."
"You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance."
"The Lord loves justice and does not forsake His godly ones; they are preserved forever, but the descendants of the wicked will be cut off."
"Preserve my soul, for I am a godly man; O You my God, save your servant who trusts in You."
"Hate evil, you who love the Lord, who preserves the souls of His godly ones; He delivers them from the hand of the wicked."
"The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me."
"Guarding the paths of justice, and He preserves the way of His godly ones."
The power of observation:
Two basics principles found in these nine verses:
1. God is actively saving His children from trouble and for eternity.
2. We can cry out to God for salvation, because it's what He does.
I found it interesting, the descriptors used of believers in these verses:
- godly - Christlike
- faithful - loyal, constant, steadfast
- simple - humble and unpretentious
- take refuge - and action to claim shelter or safety
- wait - stay where one is or delay action until a particular time or until something else happens
- integrity - doing what is right when no one is looking
- uprightness - a strictly honorable or honest manner
And then, finally, God's actions:
- preserves - saves
- recompenses - repays
- surround - encompasses
- does not forsake - does not abandon
- cut off - to sever from
- save - preserve
- delivers - brings out from danger
- brings low - knocks down
- guarding - protection