Friday, June 8, 2012

And Again I say...

"...and rejoice in all your undertakings in which the Lord God has blessed you..."

"...you shall rejoice in all the good which the Lord your God has given you and your household..."

"Rejoice, O nations, with His people; for He will avenge the blood of His servants..."

"My heart exults in the Lord; My horn is exalted in the Lord, My mouth speaks boldly against my enemies, because I rejoice in Your salvation."

"That I may tell of all Your praises, that in the gates of the daughter of Zion I may rejoice in Your salvation."

"But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; My heart shall rejoice in your salvation."

"Our heart rejoices in Him, because we trust in His holy name."

"My soul will make its boast in the Lord; the humble will hear it and rejoice."

"Let Mount Zion be glad, let the daughters of Judah rejoice because of Your judgments."

"Make me to hear joy and gladness, let the bones which You have broken rejoice."

"Shout for joy, O heavens!  And rejoice, O earth!  Break forth into joyful shouting, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people and will have compassion on His afflicted."

"Yet I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation."

"...and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory..."

"...but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation."

"Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; for the God of love and peace will be with you."



What do we rejoice over? When was the last time you threw your hands up in praise?  For many of us, we did this because of a home run in the ninth inning or three-point shot at the buzzer.  Or maybe when our child's name was mentioned at their graduation ceremony.  Or was it when we saw our child's grades and were rejoicing with them?

If you look at God's instruction for rejoicing, it is connected to His goodness, His actions, His work in our lives:

  • His blessing
  • His provision
  • His salvation
  • His lovingkindness
  • His person
  • His discipline
  • His compassion and comfort
  • His presence
  • His suffering
  • His fellowship
If we are to rejoice in the person and work of Jesus Christ, why aren't we happier people?  Why aren't we constantly dripping with praise and gratitude? Why can't we throw our hands up at the sound of His great name?  What could possibly be greater and more personal than the presence of the living God affecting our daily lives?  Why should a home run get more joy bursting forth than His mercies which are new every morning?

Wow.

Rejoice - we must shift our perspective to the eternal and live in that neighborhood.  It will dramatically change our here and now.




No comments:

Post a Comment