Thursday, May 19, 2011
Sorry, but I just can't let this one pass...
I try not to be political in my blogging but sometimes we need to stand up. Oh, trust me, I'll still be Biblical.
Today President Obama suggested to Israel that they return to the pre-1967 war border and give a substantial portion of their land to "Palestine." This is an historical request - one that has never been made or suggested in the history of America - at least not this boldly.
For those of you who know me, I do take this personally...probably more personally than my genetics may warrant, but let me live in my fantasy world. All this to say, whether or not I am Jewish, I love Israel and I love the Jewish people.
Why? you ask.
Well, here are a few reasons:
1. They are God's chosen nation
2. Jesus was Jewish
3. I have dear friends in Israel
4. They are God's chosen nation (did I say that already?)
5. I love to cheer for the underdogs and they fall in that category
6. They have a rich heritage with the Lord
7. I have been grafted into their Patriarch's line
8. God said He would bless those who bless the children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and that He would curse those who curse the children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Genesis 12:3) and, selfish as I am, I choose God's blessing
9. I know the end of the story and they survive and win because...
10. ...they are God's chosen nation
Back in 2009, I read a historical review of disasters that hit America shortly after they pressured Israel to give up land. Here is the list:
I am not a harbinger of doom - I may have a bit of conspiracy theory-itis - but if Genesis 12:3 is true and the facts in that list are accurate, then brace yourself folks, because we deserve a pounding for what our president just said.
For the record, I stand with Israel and agree with Netanyahu's statement, "...the viability of a Palestinian state cannot come at the expense of the viability of the one and only Jewish state."
Hang on to your land, Israel.
You win in the end.