"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His godly ones."
"(Wisdom) is more precious than jewels; and nothing you desire compares to her."
"There is gold, and an abundance of jewels; but the lips of knowledge are a more precious thing."
"Since you are precious in My sight, since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in you place and other peoples in exchange for your life." (Hmmm....further study??)
"Behold, I lay in Zion a choice stone, a precious Cornerstone, and He who believes in Him will not be disappointed."
"...but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God."
"...so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ..."
"...knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like sliver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ."
Not too many references for the word precious, but what great depth found in the few above. So what questions come to mind after reading these verses?
- Why do you think the death of a believer is precious to God?
- How can wisdom be of more value than wealth?
- Why does God view words of knowledge precious?
- Don't you love how God describes His Son as precious?
- Do you know anyone who has a gentle and quiet spirit?
- Did you know that enduring faith is not perishable?
- Did you know that Jesus' blood is not perishable? What is the practical application of that truth?