Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Eleven Evidences that a Person is Born Again


I have a girlfriend who is working her way through I, II and III John this summer.  I found this in a book that another girlfriend gave me a few years ago and thought of you, Patty.  I love the conclusions found in these small letters.  I am going to list the eleven evidences that a person is born again from John Piper's book, Finally Alive, but I will let you look up the scripture references.  This is not just for Patty, but for all my readers - make this one of your study times this week - you won't regret it!

Eleven Evidences that a person is born again: (all references are in I John)

  1. Those who are born of God keep His commandments - I John 2:3,4; I John 3:24
  2. Those who are born of God walk as Christ walked - I John 2:5,6
  3. Those who are born of God don't hate others but love them - I John 2:9; I John 3:14; I John 4:7,8; I John 4:20
  4. Those who are born of God don't love the world - I John 2:15
  5. Those who are born of God confess the Son and receive (have) him - I John 2:23; I John 4:15; I John 5:12
  6. Those who are born of God practice righteousness - I John 2:29
  7. Those who are born of God don't make a practice of sinning - I John 3:6; I John 3:9,10;  I John 5:18
  8. Those whoa re born of God possess the Spirit of God - I John 3:24; I John 4:13
  9. Those who are born of God listen submissively to the apostolic Word - I John 4:6
  10. Those who are born of God believe that Jesus is the Christ - I John 5:1
  11. Those who are born of God overcome the world - I John 5:4

Bonus question - how many of these descriptors fit you?

No comments:

Post a Comment