Okay, so this is one way to meditate on God's Word - write a verse on your arm and it will be with you all day...
Friday night we discussed how to enhance (or even get started with) your spiritual disciplines, so this morning, I have a passage for you to meditate on:
- God is able to keep me from stumbling - am I able or is it Him? Do I walk in His power or in my own strength? If that resource is available to me, why don't I use it more often?
- He makes me stand in His presence - are you telling me I didn't choose to do this? Oh, yeah - it's His work of trading identities, dying in my place, paying the price for my sin - this is what MAKES me stand in His presence
- What does standing in the presence of HIS GLORY really mean? What does that look like?
- He makes me stand blameless - do you mean there is no finger pointing in God's presence? Do I stand with my head up or do I fall prostrate because of my sin? It says I stand...
- I stand with great joy - perhaps it is when I come face to face with Jesus that I will finally realized exactly what was taken away from me and what was given to me - do I have to wait until faith becomes sight, or can I stand in His presence today, blameless and with GREAT JOY? God wants my life to have joy...
- The ONLY God - there's not two or three or thousands, but ONLY ONE
- Our access to this ONLY GOD is through Jesus Christ - truth
- Our LORD - is He LORD of my life?
- What is laid at His feet? Glory, majesty, dominion and authority - wow...what in the world does all that mean? (Not enough space to write my thoughts on those four words...)
- Before creation, presently and forever - all the glory belongs to God