Monday, November 19, 2012

Meditation for the Day


Okay, so this is one way to meditate on God's Word - write a verse on your arm and it will be with you all day...

Friday night we discussed how to enhance (or even get started with) your spiritual disciplines, so this morning, I have a passage for you to meditate on:

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, 
and to make you stand in the presence of His glory 
blameless with great joy,
 to the only God our Savior, 
through Jesus Christ our Lord, 
be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, 
before all time and now and forever. 
Amen.
Jude 1:24,25

There are great, great truths in these 51 words!  Here are a few of my thoughts to get you going:
  • God is able to keep me from stumbling - am I able or is it Him?  Do I walk in His power or in my own strength?  If that resource is available to me, why don't I use it more often?
  • He makes me stand in His presence - are you telling me I didn't choose to do this?  Oh, yeah - it's His work of trading identities, dying in my place, paying the price for my sin - this is what MAKES me stand in His presence
  • What does standing in the presence of HIS GLORY really mean? What does that look like?
  • He makes me stand blameless - do you mean there is no finger pointing in God's presence?  Do I stand with my head up or do I fall prostrate because of my sin?  It says I stand...
  • I stand with great joy - perhaps it is when I come face to face with Jesus that I will finally realized exactly what was taken away from me and what was given to me - do I have to wait until faith becomes sight, or can I stand in His presence today, blameless and with GREAT JOY?  God wants my life to have joy...
  • The ONLY God - there's not two or three or thousands, but ONLY ONE
  • Our access to this ONLY GOD is through Jesus Christ - truth
  • Our LORD - is He LORD of my life?
  • What is laid at His feet?  Glory, majesty, dominion and authority - wow...what in the world does all that mean?  (Not enough space to write my thoughts on those four words...)
  • Before creation, presently and forever - all the glory belongs to God

That's just to get you going - take this verse with you today - this week, mull it over, pray through it, be thankful for the truth it hold and let it change your life!

Have a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment