Good morning, friends.
Yes, it is a good morning and here's why - every day is a new opportunity to please and glorify our heavenly Father. Hours full of opportunities - running errands, loving our families, cleaning our homes, working our jobs, discussing events online, mulling our thoughts. Every day is filled with 24 hours worth of opportunities to praise the Lord.
Each minute we can choose to be pleasing or we can choose to be selfish.
I love how the Father provides for me guidance just before I need it. He lays it out in front of me, I begin to pick at it with my fork and then life throws a curve ball into the middle of my fine dining and I have a choice - eat and be filled with the goodness and truth of the Word, or leave the table, still hungry and frustrated, and even rebellious.
Here's what He has been emphasizing in my life recently (really, since this summer):
- anger equates to murder
- we need to see all people as image bearers of God and give them respect because of that
- honesty should flow through our veins like blood
- we need to go overboard in absorbing the angst and hatred of others
- we do not need to retaliate but rather we must love sacrificially
- we need to pray for our enemies
- Did I spend the evening murdering people in my heart?
- Did I defame image bearers of my Father?
- Did I seek truth or believe lies?
- Did I cringe at the thought of the onslaught of angst that would come my way?
- Did I prepare rash responses?
- Did I pray for my enemies?