Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fear Not

"Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great." to Abram

"What is the matter with you, Hagar? Do not fear, for God has heard the voice of the lad where he is." to Hagar

"I am the God of your father, Abraham; Do not fear, for I am with you." to Isaac

"Do not fear him, for I have given him into your hand, and all His people and his land." to Moses

"Do not fear or be dismayed! Be strong and courageous..." to Joshua

"Peace to you, do not fear; you shall not die."  to Gideon

"Take courage, fear not.  Behold, your God will come with vengeance."  to Judah through Isaiah

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God." to Judah through Isaiah

"But as for you, O Jacob My servant, do not fear, nor be dismayed, O Israel." to Judah through Jeremiah

"You drew near when I called on You; You said, "Do not fear!"" to Jeremiah

"So do not fear; you are more valuable than sparrows." to the disciples

"Do not fear, from now on you will be catching men."  to Simon

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me...I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you...Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you' not as the world gives do I give to you.  Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."  to us

I am writing this primarily to women this morning, though I do think men have fear.  Fear is such a debilitating emotion and it stems from a wrong view of God.  Just look at the comfort that God has given His children through the ages!  He is bigger than us, He is completely involved and in control and He wants us to live in that comfort and care, rather than in fear for what the day may bring.

How do we turn from fear?  Enlarge your knowledge of God.  Turn to Him, let Him be bigger.  He absolutely must increase in our lives and we must decrease.  As we set our minds on Him, our fears will dissipate because we have confidence in His character, His will and His presence.

Don't feed the fears today - feast on the Word, let it richly dwell within you and be comforted.

No comments:

Post a Comment