Thursday, September 29, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Lesson 3 – Fall
I. A closer look at Marriage
· Woman was created as a ____SUITABLE________ helper – Gen. 2:18
· Woman was ____NOT____ an after thought
· Ephesians 5:22,28,29 – lays out basic marriage instructions
o Husbands ______LOVE___ your wives
o Wives _______SUBMIT_____ to your husbands
· The Perfect Marriage Diagram:
II. Enter Satan – Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:11-19
· He is a _____CREATED________ being
· When did Satan fall? Genesis 1:31-2:1
· Rev. 12:4,9 infers that _____1/3_____of the angels fell with Satan
III. Enter Sin – Genesis 3
· How did Satan approach Eve?
· Why did Satan approach Eve?
· What was the big deal about that tree?
· What was Satan’s bend on the truth?
1. God _____LIED____
2. You can be ____GOD_____
3. You can be the ___LEADER______
· I John 2:16 lays out the components of temptation:
1. Tree was good for food – lust of the ____FLESH_____
2. Tree was pleasant to the eyes – lust of the _____EYES______
3. Tree was able to make her wise – pride of ____LIFE______
· Faith definition: Faith is ______BELIEVING_____ the Word of God and __ACTING____ on it, no matter how I _____FEEL___, because God promises a good ___RESULT______
· Adam and Eve had perfect, sinless communion with God – Genesis 3:8-19
o What did sin do to this fellowship? _BROKE IT___ - Genesis 3:7,8
o What is the result of sin? ___DEATH__ - Romans 5:12; 6:3
o What does sin do to man’s heart? __MAKES IT WICKED____ - Jeremiah 17:9
o Who does sin affect? ___EVERYONE____ - Romans 3:23, Isaiah 64:6
· What was the effect of sin on marriage and life in general?
· Sin broke man’s covenant with God, but God still provided for man – Gen.3:21
· The promise of a Savior – Genesis 3:15
3 accomplishments of sin:
3 accomplishments of salvation in Christ (Romans 8:33-39)
1. No _____GUILT____
2. No ____CONDEMNATION_______
3. No ____SEPARATION_____
In Christ, we are completely restored!
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
- We are not responsible for what people do with our message
- We can't let movies and Hollywood portrayals of us place a bushel over our light
- If we're labelled "fanatical" we're probably doing what we're called to do
- If we're not considered fanatical, we may be being too quiet with our faith
- Eternity is a long time for us to not speak about Jesus Christ
- Fornicating and swearing really isn't as glamorous as Hollywood wants it to be
- We have been given the Great Commission - we are responsible for the message, God is responsible for salvation
- The world's opinion of us is changing for the worse, which will only make our job harder - that's okay because if God is for us, who can be against us?