Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Few More Eternal Covenant Verses...




John 6:65 - For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father...

I Corinthians 1:18 - For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God...

I Corinthians 1:26-31 - ***This is a good one*** - For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, SO THAT NO MAN MAY BOAST BEFORE GOD. But by HIS DOING you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, just as it is written, LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD...

John 15:16, 19 - You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain...if you were of the world, the world would love its own, but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you...

John 10:26-29 - But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand...

II Thessalonians 2:13 - But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth...


Once you grasp this concept, you are going to start seeing it everywhere. When I was young, I once noticed in the margin of my mother's Bible the letters EC. I asked her what that was and she told me whenever she saw the Eternal Covenant in the Bible, she would mark it.

It was everywhere...

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it and I just can't get enough of it! I'm gonna start the EC thing. I especially like the John 10:26-29 reminder. Thanks for sharing again. I really need this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, leave it up to a mother to set such a good example to her child. I love the EC thing too and will start to use my handy markers to write in my Bible to.
    The verses just make me want to shout at the roof tops that I am chosen by God.. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across this, this morning...Hebrews 2:13- And again, "I WILL PUT MY TRUST IN HIM." And again, "BEHOLD, I AND THE CHILDREN WHOM GOD HAS GIVEN ME." This is a quote from the OT- Is. 8:18.

    The Lord brought this old hymn to my mind and it has been running through my head, "All that thrills my soul is Jesus, He is more than life to me, He's the fairest of ten thousand..."

    So thankful be one of His other sheep. Thank you, Father, thank you, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete