Lesson 3 – Fall
I. A closer look at Marriage
· Woman was created as a ____SUITABLE________ helper – Gen. 2:18
· Woman was ____NOT____ an after thought
· Ephesians 5:22,28,29 – lays out basic marriage instructions
o Husbands ______LOVE___ your wives
o Wives _______SUBMIT_____ to your husbands
· The Perfect Marriage Diagram:
II. Enter Satan – Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:11-19
· He is a _____CREATED________ being
· When did Satan fall? Genesis 1:31-2:1
· Rev. 12:4,9 infers that _____1/3_____of the angels fell with Satan
III. Enter Sin – Genesis 3
· How did Satan approach Eve?
· Why did Satan approach Eve?
· What was the big deal about that tree?
· What was Satan’s bend on the truth?
1. God _____LIED____
2. You can be ____GOD_____
3. You can be the ___LEADER______
· I John 2:16 lays out the components of temptation:
1. Tree was good for food – lust of the ____FLESH_____
2. Tree was pleasant to the eyes – lust of the _____EYES______
3. Tree was able to make her wise – pride of ____LIFE______
· Faith definition: Faith is ______BELIEVING_____ the Word of God and __ACTING____ on it, no matter how I _____FEEL___, because God promises a good ___RESULT______
· Adam and Eve had perfect, sinless communion with God – Genesis 3:8-19
o What did sin do to this fellowship? _BROKE IT___ - Genesis 3:7,8
o What is the result of sin? ___DEATH__ - Romans 5:12; 6:3
o What does sin do to man’s heart? __MAKES IT WICKED____ - Jeremiah 17:9
o Who does sin affect? ___EVERYONE____ - Romans 3:23, Isaiah 64:6
· What was the effect of sin on marriage and life in general?
· Sin broke man’s covenant with God, but God still provided for man – Gen.3:21
· The promise of a Savior – Genesis 3:15
3 accomplishments of sin:
3 accomplishments of salvation in Christ (Romans 8:33-39)
1. No _____GUILT____
2. No ____CONDEMNATION_______
3. No ____SEPARATION_____
In Christ, we are completely restored!