Sunday, April 11, 2010

Final Thoughts




We've had a great year, gals! As our study concludes, I want to send out a few thanks to those who have been such a wonderful support to me this year. So, here goes:

1. I want to start by thanking Beth for her partnership this year. When I asked her to be my prayer leader, announcement giver and in general, "Mother-to-the-class", I knew she had already sat through my Genesis study a few years back. To agree would mean giving up the blessing of the other study track and going through Genesis again. She prayed about it and when she agreed, she jumped in with both feet and fulfilled the role above and beyond my expectations. I know her devotionals were heart felt and stemmed from a true concern for the spiritual development of the class and the bond of unity which is to be characteristic of the body of Christ. Thank you, Beth, for your faithful service to the women and myself, for the time and thought that went into your prayer times, and for your compassionate heart and tender care you showered on us each week! You are truly a blessing to me!

2. Before Crystal was even home from prison, I planted the seed in her mind to consider blessing us with her creativity during class this year. She quickly accepted and started sketching and by the time she arrived back home, she had drawings and ideas flowing in abundance. I believe that as I have taught this year, watching her create has been a blessing to all of you. I hope you will always remember the flowing banner of God's presence throughout your life, as well as throughout history. Thank you, Crystal, for your faithful service in painting for us, for the many, many sketches that took up precious time, and for your sweet testimony of a changed life dependent on the Lord. So glad to have you home!

3. Now I'd like to turn to my students. You gals were something else! I must admit, I was surprised at how many of you were new to my study this year and thrilled that most of you had not sat through Genesis with me before and were willing to give it a go! Through rain, snow or sleet, you faithfully plowed your way to church (sorry if I make you sound like a postman!) to be at study each week. You kicked it in after Christmas and pounded your memory verses, to the thrill of my heart! You eagerly prayed for each other in our group times, and quietly and thoughtfully used the sanctuary prayer times to draw closer to the Lord. And as for the actual classtime, I am not sure if anyone did their homework, but I do know that you were quick to ask and answer questions, you hung with me at my racing speed through Genesis and always had an encouraging word or hug for me week after week! What more could a teacher ask for? Thank you, Ladies, for your faithfulness and friendship!

4. And finally, I want to thank my blogging friends for checking out the blog on a regular basis, for getting the guts to actually post here and there, and for encouraging me to continue writing. Though some of you were not able to be in class, you have been a great source of inspiration and I want to thank you for following the blog this year.

As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end, and so it is with fond memories that I write this final blog entry. Since this blog was created to be an accessory to the Groundwork For Grace class, now that the class is over I am going to close the blog. I will wait a few days, so that if any of you would like to copy any of the blog entries you will have time to do so.

In closing, I want to leave you with an exhortation that Paul gave to the church at Ephesus. It is my heart for you ladies:

"For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints, do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come." Ephesians 1:15-21

4 comments:

  1. Dear Kristen,

    I will truly miss your blog. I hope you decide to post another in the future and maybe keep us up on your new ministry. I will be praying for you and your family in that endeavor. It is very exciting!
    God bless you!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what more I can add, that Mrs. Beltran del Rio has already said. I thoroughly enjoy reading your insights of the scriptures and become excited every time I see that there's a new post by you. :)
    I just wanted to say thanks a million for all the things that you have done to help me, whether you tried or not.
    Praying for you and everyone else.
    Dane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Kristen for writing this blog so that I could keep up when I couldn't come to the class. I learned so much under your teaching and insight of Genesis. I will miss the blog and keep you and yur family in my prayers. God bless, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Groundwork was the first site I'd jump on in the mornings, always looking forward with anticipation to the new posts - which were thought provoking, challenging, heart-soaring, and with great humor thrown in all the right places! Thankful too for the blessing of new friends...

    ReplyDelete