- You'll easily have your verse memorized
- You'll start your day with wisdom from God's word to meditate on
- You'll see God's character flow through His words
- You'll find things to do that please the Lord and you'll suddenly have opportunities to put them into practice
- You'll start your day communicating your love for the Lord, your need for His guidance, your confidence in His presence and with a clean slate between you and your Heavenly Father
- You'll find yourself wanting to tell Him more, to hear more of His words
- You'll find the words you've committed to memory will become a guide during the day
- and you'll find that ten minutes fly by
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
The 10 Minute Plan
Ten minutes each day.
2 minutes to memorize a verse.
4 minutes to read a few verses.
4 minutes to pray.
Ten minutes a day.
Can it really be that simple? You have to start somewhere and the simpler the better. It's like any new discipline - ten minutes a day is a great place to start. Exercise, piano practice, french lessons, organizing a messy storage room - just 10 minutes a day, day after day after day will accomplish much.
I was grabbed after study today and told I was making things too easy on you women. Ten minutes is nothing, was the comment. Yes, I agree but here's what I didn't tell you. Ten minutes a day is actually really hard to accomplish because ten minutes is going to grow to fifteen, twenty and even thirty minutes. To limit yourself to simply 10 minutes will be excruciating when you figure out the great benefits that flow from time spent with the Lord.
Here's what you will gain after a week of 10 minute visits:
So go get'em, ladies! You can do this and you can make it better. Don't shoot for the stars - start with 10 minutes and watch what the Lord does in your life...I'm praying for all of you!